Everyone has their favourite side when they go to Nando’s, for some it maybe peri peri chips or the garlic bread, but for us it is spicy rice and macho peas. They are some of the best peas that I have ever tasted and because I can’t afford to go to Nando’s every single night I decided to try and recreate them. I also let a man in a cardigan do the voice over.
Here we go!
Estimated cooking time: 10 minutes
- Petit Pois – (small peas)
- A Handful of Mint
- 1 Tbsp of Parsley
- Large knob of Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil the Peas.
- Finely chop the chilli, parsley and mint.
- Add a generous dollop of butter to the frying pan and set on a low heat.
- Strain the peas and remove from the hob, mash them lightly, and set to one side. There should still be some whole peas left in the dish.
- Add the chopped chilli, parsley and mint to the butter, fry for a few minutes on a low heat.
- Add the peas to the pan and mix well.
- Salt and Pepper to taste and serve with your favourite accompaniments!