I was given the new Wagamama book for Christmas and I just couldn’t wait to try it out. The first recipe that I have decided to make from this book is the Yaki Soba (p.61) and I have a duty to be completely honest, it was heaven. As I am trying to be remotely healthy I am looking for recipes that will fill me up, taste amazing but are not too many calories, and this did just that. I will most definitely be adding it to my regulars. Amazing, give it a go!
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken breasts
- king prawns
- soba noodles
- spring onion
- white pepper
- soy sauce
- Worcester sauce
- crispy onions
- pickled ginger
- sesame seeds
1. Place the vegetable oil into a big pan (big enough to handle a stir fry) add the chicken, seasoned with salt and white pepper and ginger to the frying pan and brown lightly.
2. During the time the chicken is browning cut up the onion, spring onion. Add the onion, spring onion, prawns and bean sprouts to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the onion is at the desired softness. At this point you could add whatever vegetable you would like as long as it would cook in a similar time to the onion.
3. Whilst everything is frying nicely cook the soba noodles to the packets instructions, mine needed boiling for 3 minutes. whilst the noodles are cooking combine the soy sauce and Worcester sauce and set aside. Soba noodles can be hard to find so could be replaced by vermicelli rice noodles, I also wanted to know a little about soba noodles if you are interested click here.
4. Once the noodles are cooked drain them and place them back in the pan (off of the heat), add your eggs and mix ensuring all of the noddles are covered, at this point I also added in some vegetable oil. Add the noodle mixture to the chicken and vegetables and combine. It is important to keep everything moving and on a low heat at this point. Cook for a few minutes and then add your soy sauce and wostershire sauce.
5. Plate your Yaki Soba and add the toppings at your leisure. Share with friends, eat warm and make audible enjoyable noises!
This was a complete hit with my friend, and Jon cannot wait until we make it again. Let me know below if you give it a try and if you and yours enjoyed it as much as me and mine.
Until next time!