Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Ok let’s start with, does anyone else relate to Piggy? No? Ok, I guess it is just me then…
I have the conch so everyone should listen!
I have had this book on my shelf for what seems to be a lifetime and I am finally happy to have an excuse to sit down and enjoy it. It is always nerve wracking reading a book that has so much hype and I tried to avoid any spoilers and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. I love everything about this book and I know there have been a 101 reviews and essays and all sorts on this book but I am going to add one more to the list.
I mean with language as beautiful as this who couldn’t love this book! A very quick read that has you smiling from ear to ear. It is exactly what I would imagine an island full of children would do. Well, at the beginning at least…
This book had me laughing, crying and on the edge of my seat throughout. It is a marvellous piece of writing that not only allows the innocence of children to shine through, but at the same time it also creates tension. It’s unnerving, as we know that at some point everything is going to come crumbling down. I enjoyed the characters and completely identify with Piggy and his ass-mar. It is a phenomenal book, that should be on everyone’s “to read” list.
Go on what are you waiting for!
Also you can check out my 20 Books for 2020 and good reads to keep up to date with what I am reading next: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/108913955-graceless-living
Until next time.
20 books for 2020
- Philip Pullman – The Subtle Knife
- Patrick Ness – A Monster Calls
- Barney Norris – Five Rivers Met on a Wooded Plain
- Shirley Jackson – Life Among the Savages
- Madeline Miller – Circe
- Jenni Murray – A history of Britain in 21 Women
- Chris Kraus – I Love Dick
- Carrie Hope Fletcher – All that she can see
- Kathrine Arden – The Bear and the Nightingale
- William Golding -The Lord of the Flies
- E. M. Forster – Maurice
- Philip Pullman – The Amber Spyglass
- Alice Walker – The Colour Purple
- Zadie Smith – On Beauty
- Jennifer Worth – In the Midst of Life
- Tim Winton – The Turning
- Margaret Atwood – The Handmaid’s Tale
- Erin Morgenstern – The Night Circus
- Matt Haig – How to Stop Time
- Brandon Sanderson – Skyward
Follow me on Social Media
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/GracelessLiving
instagram – https://www.instagram.com/gracelessliving/