For those relaxed Sunday mornings where I can take my time I love to make this avocado bowl, it is light and fresh, full of vegetables and is 3.5 syns per portion.
- 2 bacon medallions
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 200g of button mushrooms, halved or chopped
- 100g baby spinach
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry until softened and browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile grill the bacon and tomatoes for a few minutes, then roughly chop the bacon and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Wipe the frying pan. Rinse the spinach under cold water, drain in a sieve and add to the frying pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted, stirring all the time, then transfer to the plate with the mushrooms.
- Mix the bacon, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and season lightly. Place the mixture into an oven proof dish, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before your mixture is due to come out of the oven make your scrambled eggs to your liking and make your toast (cut to your preference).
- Serve everything together in a bowl and top with avocado slices and a scattering of chives.
Cinnamon French Toast
This breakfast also can combine as a dessert, it is that good! Personally I find this breakfast is all about the accompaniments, strawberries and biscoff spread, yoghurt and honey or bacon and maple syrup. Whatever way you like it, this recipe is a stunning staple. Syns vary with this breakfast as it all depends on your toppings. (Recipe is below, but you can find a quick tutorial in my highlights, on my SW instagram account, jess_slimmingworlduk)
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml of semi skimmed milk
- 2 tsp of sweetener
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sweetener and cinnamon until combined.
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture ensuring it is well coated.
- Spray a frying pan with firelight and place over a medium heat, add the bread when the frying pan is hot and fry for 3 minutes (or until golden), flip and repeat.
- Slice the bread and serve with the topping of your choice.
Nutella Baked Oats
A little bit of naughty and a whole lot of heaven. If you are having any chocolate cravings this is fabulous. The original recipe is from Pinch of Nom (https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/nutella-baked-oats/), I have added in some white chocolate chips for that extra chocolatey goodness, unfortunately it also adds some syns, this recipe totals 4.5 syns (6 if you count sweetener as syns) and a healthy B. It is worth it though!
- 40g oats
- 175g fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp granulated sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Nutella
- 5g of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix together all of your ingredients and a tsp of Nutella, mix until combined.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and add the remaining Nutella into the centre in one pile.
- Place into the oven for 30-35 minutes until set and golden.
- Serve warm.
These are my three favourite, and indulgent Slimming World breakfasts, I hope you have enjoyed. Why not leave a comment and tell me what your favourite breakfasts are?
Until next time.
Enjoyed what you read? Please consider subscribing for more.
See my latest posts
- Grabbing a Metaphorical Bull (My New Year’s Resolutions)I know that the last two years has taken it out of most of us and we all could do with a stiff drink and some good news. So, I raised my glass this new year and thought of the people who didn’t make it and how shit 2021 truly has been, all in all … More Grabbing a Metaphorical Bull (My New Year’s Resolutions)
- My Favourite Weekend Slimming World BreakfastsAvocado Bowl For those relaxed Sunday mornings where I can take my time I love to make this avocado bowl, it is light and fresh, full of vegetables and is 3.5 syns per portion. Ingredients 2 bacon medallions Low-calorie cooking spray 200g of button mushrooms, halved or chopped 100g baby spinach 8 cherry tomatoes 2 … More My Favourite Weekend Slimming World Breakfasts
- International Women’s Day 2021International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. Significant activity is witnessed worldwide as groups come together to celebrate women’s achievements or rally for women’s equality. – http://www.internationalwomensday.com International women’s day is marked to celebrate … More International Women’s Day 2021
- Is there Room on the Broom this World Book Day?I know that for many of us this World Book Day will be different, some of us will still be in school teaching whilst others will be distance learning. However, World Book Day will still go on and it is something that can still be enjoyed and what better time to enjoy it! This year … More Is there Room on the Broom this World Book Day?
- Pancakes 3 Ways (A Slimming World Story)Pancake day is a favourite in this household, and there was a sigh of disappointment from Jon when he thought he would need to have protein pancakes or banana pancakes this Pancake day. This got me thinking, how can I make pancake day more interesting and Slimming World friendly. I began making a list of what … More Pancakes 3 Ways (A Slimming World Story)